The basis for our Encouraging Self Belief course draws on influences from a number of fields of expertise such as Neuro-Linguistic Programming (NLP); Investment in Excellence (IIE); Life Coaching; Emotional Intelligence and Success Habits.
The course poses a number of questions and encourages delegates through seminar, inquiry, and the application of practical tools to explore the encouragement of self-belief in a workable manner in our own lives.
Issues central to the course are the way in which we experience and interpret the world around us; how the language we use can have an impact upon both the way we feel and the way others feel. It considers both of these in relation to encouragement and how we can use this knowledge to both encourage ourselves and others.
By the end of the course delegates will have:
• Considered how we experience and interpret the world and how we can
utilize our senses to be effective learners
• Defined the characteristics of ‘quality communication’
• Enquired into the effects of positive talk and looked at practical tools to
develop this in yourself, and in others
• Developed an understanding of the language of encouragement and how
to develop it
• Enquired into the balance and harmony in our lives
• Have a greater understanding of the barriers to encouraging self belief and
used tools to overcome these barriers
• Be equipped to return to their establishment be it the home, school, business,
community organization, or otherwise and develop self-belief with the children,
young people or adults that they engage and work with
The course is 10 to 12 hours in length and both the timing of it and the focus can be tailored to the needs of your organization. It could be 2 full day sessions or shorter two-hour sessions or a combination of both.
Encouraging Self Belief can contribute to the Every Child Matters agenda in the following ways:
• It can help children and young people to develop the belief to Be Healthy
and to Stay Safe
• It encourages positive relationships both in and out of school
• It allows adults to encourage children and young people to be ready for
school and to attend and to enjoy leading to improved attainment
• It develops self-confidence and belief allowing children, young people and
adults to deal successfully with significant life changes and challenges
• And it can help parents, schools, voluntary and community organizations
to develop the above in children and young people
The ESB course has had an impact on my personal life as well as work life. Since completing the training I have made huge moves from my comfort zone in all aspects of my life and it didn’t hurt too much. I think the strategies we learned about have become part of my life and not something I have to think about, for example trying to turn negatives into positives.
(First School Teacher)
As a group, we benefited from the ESB course by helping us to look at our attitudes and beliefs, both of the group and as individuals. One team member was empowered to seek alternative employment where she is happier. Clients have reported greater self-esteem, self-awareness, and confidence in their own abilities.
I have gained self-esteem since I started my first RAIS course. I have a different way of thinking about things. I am a different person because I am more confident. I have recovered from Post Natal Depression with RAIS’s help quicker than I would have without it. All in all, I have enjoyed all aspects of my courses and experiences of RAIS
Encouraging Children to Learn
Don Dinkmeyer and Rudolf Dreikurs
The Skills of Encouragement
Don Dinkmeyer and Lewis Losoncy
The NLP Coach
Ian McDermott and Wendy Jago
Awaken the Giant Within
Self Theories – Their Role in Motivation, Personality, and Development
Girl Power – How Far does it go
(Sheffield Centre for HIV and Sexual Health) Jo Adams
The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People